Saturday 21 March 2020
TIME: 9.00 – 16.00
COST: £95.00 for the day and includes: tuition from your 3 tutors some materials and all refreshments: tea, coffee, lunch etc.
LOCATION: Belton Woods Hotel, Belton Grantham NG32 2LN
(Note: a fantastic venue with great facilities that’s easy to get to from the Midlands, North and South! – just off the A1).
Why don’t you come for your workshop and your partner/family use the stunning spa/activity facilities for the day? :)
Venue website: www.beltonwoods.co.uk
HOW TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION:
Bed & Breakfast @ £124.00
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast @ £145.00
We are currently holding 5 bedrooms for your guests until 25th January 2020. Any unsold rooms at this time will be released back to the hotel.
Please contact our Reservations Team to book the accommodation on 0845 074 0060 quoting “Scale Modelling Now” in order to book on your agreed rates. Please note a £50.00 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit will be taken at the time of booking.
with Geoff Coughlin, Adam Brown and Andy Goodwin (your Tutors for the day)
Who this workshop is aimed at:
- anyone who has previously attended one of the SMN Modelling in a Day Workshops – we’ll be building on many of the skills you have been developing since we last met up
- any scale modeller who is looking to add a bit more detail to any of their aircraft scale modelling projects
- the day is primarily aimed at aircraft scale modellers and a number of the skills we’ll be covering are applicable to other areas of modelling like: armour, sci-fi, vehicles etc
- any scale modeller with a bit of experience under their belt and who’d like to develop their skills to the next level.
Aim of the workshop:
To give you the skills or enhance your current skills in all the following areas so that you can make and finish models to a standard you are really happy with as well as having fun and enjoyment at the same time!
What you’ll cover:
Plenty of practice time for everyone after watching a demo: see it, practice it, master it!
These are the main areas that you’ll be working on:
- adding extra detail, your choices – considering the options, pros and cons and decisions
- reference material – some great sources and tips
- how to use photo-etch (PE) – the different types of PE detailing sets available
- pre-painted, colour PE – and show to use it: e.g. eduard, Yahu etc
- unpainted PE – and how to prepare, paint and attach it
- seat belts and harnesses – how to work with each: HGW seat belts, eduard painted and unpainted belts as well as some neat scratch building options that look great and save money
- ejection seats – how to create seats that look real – plenty of options open to you here
- glues and gluing – especially when using PE in different areas of your model
- annealing PE – how to use this heating technique to dramatically improve the usability of your PE parts
- detailing cockpits – some effective methods and techniques – options and choices
- resin replacement parts – how to work with them, prep your parts, paint, weather and attach them
- detailing undercarriage units – how to scratch much of what you need, get a great realistic result, and save money!
- scratch-building options, especially in cockpits – great tips and tricks to enhance or replace what’s provided in the kit
- mini-spares box – do you have one? A fantastic time-saving idea that makes detailing any area of your model fun and rewarding
- aerial wires – and how to create highly realistic details
- improving kit parts – some simple adaptions and additions to add finesse to your models. Some examples are: wingtip navigation lights, lenses for landing and taxiing lights
- removing mould seam lines from canopies – how to do this safely and quickly
- rubber/vinyl tyres – how to make these look highly realistic: prep, and weathering using pastels
- stretched sprue – how to make it and its many uses in modelling – a great material that costs you nothing!
- tools & materials – useful and some essential tools needed for the job
- hints, tips, shortcuts and tricks – plenty to help save you time and money!
- trouble-shooting – any of your questions and modelling problems
- “Where do I get this stuff?? A handout listing many of the best places we’ve found to get hold of the products, tools and materials you’ll work with on your day.
Hi Geoff, Thanks a lot for the day, brilliant. I am sure you will be tired and inundated with emails and compliments, but I learnt a lot, still need to practice my mottling but you taught me enough to hone my method. I never knew to apply Maskol with a sponge. As I say, great day… (BO)
REGISTER AND BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW
Please fill out the form below and then you will be redirected to pay securely via PayPal.