Published: Key Publishing
Price around £7.99 GBP
Get this publication direct from Key Publishing. I bought my copy from WH Smith newsagents in the UK.
Bookshelf Browse with Geoff Coughlin (October 2019)
Do take a closer look at this publication – better still, take a really good look at the growing series, it’s excellent!
What you have is a good quality publication that’s in an ‘at-a-glance’ format and each publication in the series so far includes some great features for anyone interested in building a scale model of the famous Blackburn Buccaneer bomber in any scale. It’s a great, manageable read even if you are just interested in aviation, the aircraft type or that period of history in general.
The recent release of a new-tool 1:72 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C from Airfix has ignited or should I say re-ignited interest in modelling the type and I am following at least 3 builds on social media as I type. Until now we only have the old Airfix kit in 1:48 (if you can get it) or the very old Matchbox 1:72 offering that’s eclipsed by the new Airfix release.
Here’s a brief summary of what’s included:
• a summary of the history and development
• high quality colour profiles for multiple aircraft
• line drawing cutaway diagram
• wide selection of period photographs, several in colour where possible
• a finished scale model feature of the new Airfix 1:72 release
• a list of the main kits, decals and accessories that are currently available at the time of publishing.
Highly recommended and a steal at the price!