www.scalemodellingnow.com is for YOU! whatever your area of interest and this is what you get:
- How-to help – Hundreds of HD video and step-by-step demonstrations to help you achieve great results
- In-depth build articles – Much more in-depth articles with many more photos – an average of 62 photos per build!
- PDF downloads – For all finished build articles in Finished Now and follow progress before in Build Now
- Modellers’ walkaround reference – Over 10,000 modellers’ walkaround reference photos unique to SMN
- Fantastic value for money – Far better than ANY paper magazine – ALL the SMN content for a small annual subscription
- All in ONE location – Everything you need for a build in one magazine resource centre
- Easy navigation – Click your area of interest and away you go!
- Individual help – Use ‘Contact’ in the navigation bar to ask any questions or request any techniques
- FREE in-box reviews – There are hundreds and hundreds of detailed box reviews for kits and accessories in Here Now
- FREE book reviews – Some of the latest great titles and reads reviewed – read them for free
- FREE Subscriber Gallery – Send us your photos of your finished models
We offer scale modellers a real alternative – a completely new and unique opportunity to enjoy their hobby and interest.
An internet-only scale modelling magazine that has everything in one place and it’s all held virtually, easily accessible, no storage problems and access for members to a wealth of additional resources never before held in one location.
November 2009 launched by Geoff and Sara Coughlin with focus on military Aircraft, Armour and Maritime scale modelling
September 2016 SMN expands into Sci-Fi and other areas; complete new look!
Geoff Coughlin – Editor
I can’t remember a time when I haven’t been massively enthusiastic about aircraft and scale modelling. My Gran bought me an Airfix 1:72nd Spitfire when I was 7 and, well I’ve never looked back – apart from the 12 years from my teens to my 20s when I did all the usual other stuff.
About 25 years ago my good friend Angus Creighton asked me if I would be interested in doing a review for Tamiya Model Magazine International and that started what has been a long track record of reviewing for TMMI and Model Airplane International (MAI)
Joining the IPMS (International Plastic Modellers Society) and starting two successful IPMS Branches, has been a fantastic experience and very rewarding. Joining a club was the best thing I ever did to improve my scale model skills and I recommend it to anyone.
I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to write a number of books on scale modelling and aviation-related subjects.
The latest to be published in February 2017 is Three in Thirteen – Published Casemate. I am co-author with Roger Dunsford, a former RAF Vulcan pilot.
Three in Thirteen is the story of Joe Singleton, a Mosquito night fighter pilot in World War II, who shot down three German Junkers Ju88/188 aircraft over Hull in 1944. Traces his journey from beginner to celebrated expert, and the early days of radar technology with which he learned to excel.