Airframe & Miniature Series No.12
Author: Richard A. Franks
Published: Valiant Wings Publishing
Price around £19.95GBP (September 2018)
Review with Geoff Coughlin
Our thanks to Valiant Wings Publishing for sending through our review copy. Get this title here at Valiant Wings Publishing.
Here’s some basic facts about this title from the publisher:
The Spitfire is probably the most popular aircraft modelling subject around. Our latest book will go some way towards unpicking the bewildering choice of variants and schemes that apply to the Merlin-powered versions.
This twelfth book in our much-acclaimed series contains 240 pages packed with vital information that no active modeller and Spitfire enthusiast should be without.
The Supermarine Spitire – Part 1 contains:
- 40+ pages of technical information
- 20+ pages of walk-around images and technical diagrams
- 5+ pages of camouflage and markings
- 25+ pages of model builds and modelling information
- 200+ photographs including wartime images
- Colour side views and four-views by Richard J. Caruana
- 3D isometric views of all variants by Wojciech Sankowski
- Specially commissioned full kit builds by Libor Jekl, Steve A. Evans and Dani Zamarbide
- Specially commissioned front cover artwork by Jerry Boucher.
So what do we think?
Do take a look at my video review that follows. As you can see, this is a substantial volume at 240 pages printed on quality art paper. The kit builds featured cover models in 1:72, 1:48 and 1:32 as you can see and are inspirational. As a one-stop-shop reference this title is hard to beat!