No 20 Airframe and Miniature Series
Author: Richard Franks
Published: Valiant Wings Publishing
Bookshelf Browse with Geoff Coughlin (April 2023)
Get this book now from Valiant Wings Publishing
Take a browse inside now…
Here’s some additional information from the publisher…
The Lancaster has been a popular aircraft type with modellers and has recently been the subject of several new toolings in all scales, especially in 1/32nd and 1/48th. Our latest book goes some way towards unpicking the different variants and detail differences that apply to the type.
This book in our much-acclaimed series contains at least 272 pages packed with vital information that no active modeller and RAF Bomber Command enthusiast should be without.
The Avro Lancaster Part One covers the Avro Manchester and Lancaster in RAF service in WW2 and contains:
- 60+ pages of technical information
- 60+ pages of walk-around images and technical diagrams
- 10+ pages of camouflage and markings
- 25+ pages of model builds and modelling information
- 200+ photographs including wartime images
- Colour side views and four-views by Richard J. Caruana
- 3D isometric views of all variants by Juraj Jankovic
- Specially commissioned extensive full kit builds by Steve A. Evans
- Specially commissioned front cover artwork by Jerry Boucher
- Set of scale plans
The Avro Lancaster Part Two will cover post-war variants, use by foreign air forces, civilian types, both Lancaster and Lancastrian, and test-bed machines. This volume will publish later this year; full details of its contents will be announced in due course.