Author: Richard A. Franks
Published: Valiant Wings Publishing
Price around: £18.95 GBP
Review with Geoff Coughlin (November 2018)
160 pages, high quality art paper, colour profiles and full build articles, black and white period photos, scale drawings for 1:48 scale, line drawings, kit listings, accessory listings – what else does a modeller need?
Our thanks to Valiant Wings Publishing for supplying our review copy. Get this impressive reference book here at Valiant Wings Publishing
You’ll notice that we have reviewed several of the other titles in this series over the years and you may get a sense of deja vu? This is the second publication (updated and expanded) for the Dornier Do 335 and includes builds of the incredible Zoukei-Mura and Hong Kong Models ‘B2’ variant amongst others.
This is an excellent title and the best thing to do is show it to you! Here’s my video review…
Here’s a summary from the publisher of what this title contains:
- 40+ pages of technical information
- 20+ pages of walk-around images and technical diagrams
- 5+ pages of camouflage and markings
- 25+ pages of model builds and modelling information
- 200+ photographs including wartime images
- Colour side views and four-views by Richard J. Caruana
- 3D isometric views of all prototype and pre-production variants by Wojciech Sankowski
- Specially commissioned extensive full kit builds by Libor Jekl, Steve Evans and Dani Zamarbide of the 1:72nd scale Revell (ex-Dragon) Do 335A-1, 1:48th scale Tamiya Do 335A-12, 1:32nd scale HK Models Do 335B-2 and an additional build of the 1:32 scale Zoukei-Mura Do 335 A-12
- Revised appendices
- Specially commissioned front cover artwork by Jerry Boucher
- A set of 1:48 scale fold out scale plans.