Airframe & Miniature No.3 Second Ed.
Author:Richard A. Franks
Published: Valiant Wings Publishing
Price around: £19.95 GBP
Bookshelf Browse with Geoff Coughlin (November 2019)
176 pages, high quality art paper, colour profiles and full build articles, black and white period photos, scale drawings for 1:48 scale, line drawings, kit listings, accessory listings – what else does a modeller need?
Our thanks to Valiant Wings Publishing for supplying our review copy. Get this impressive reference book here at Valiant Wings Publishing
You’ll notice that we have reviewed several of the other titles in this series over the years and you may get a sense of deja vu? This is the second edition (updated and expanded) for the famous WWII fighters, the Focke-Wulf Fw190D and Ta 152. It includes several high quality kit builds.
This is an excellent title and the best thing to do is show it to you! Let’s take a look inside…
Here’s a summary from the publisher of what this title contains:
The Focke-Wulf Fw 190D first edition content:
• 160 pages packed with vital information that no active aviation modeller should be without
• 60+ pages of technical information
• 20+ pages of walkaround images and technical diagrams
• 5+ pages of camouflage and markings
• 20+ pages of model builds and modelling information
• 200+ photographs including wartime images
• Colour side views and four-views by Richard Caruana
• 3D isometric views of all variants by Jacek Jackiewicz
• 1:72nd, 1:48th and 1:32nd scale full kit builds
• A full set of fold-out 1:48th scale plans.