Author: Richard A. Franks
Publisher: Valiant Wings Publishing
Bookshelf Browse with Geoff Coughlin (July 2020)
Soft back, 224 pages, high quality art paper, colour profiles and five full build articles, black and white and colour period photos, scale drawings for 1:48 scale, line drawings, kit listings, accessory listings – what more does a modeller need?
Get this outstanding reference book here at Valiant Wings Publishing
Rarely do we give a 5-Star rating and this title justly deserves that accolade! Congratulations to all involved.
You’ll notice that we have reviewed several of the other titles in this series over the years and this time we have the Grumman F6F Hellcat.
This is an excellent title, the publisher’s best to date in my view and the best thing to do is show it to you! Take a browse inside now…
The model builds are very high quality and include the superb Airfix 1:24 scale release.
Here’s some additional information from the publisher…
The Hellcat is a very popular aircraft modelling subject and our latest book will go some way towards unpicking the bewildering choices of variants and schemes that apply to the type.
This fifteenth book in our much-acclaimed series contains at least 224 pages packed with vital information that no active modeller and Hellcat enthusiast should be without.
The Grumman F6F Hellcat contains:
- 40+ pages of technical information
- 30+ pages of walk-around images and technical diagrams
- 15+ pages of camouflage and markings
- 20+ pages of model builds and modelling information
- 200+ photographs including wartime images
- Colour side views and four-views by Richard J. Caruana
- 3D isometric views of all variants by Wojciech Sankowski
- Specially commissioned extensive full kit builds in four scales by Libor Jekl, Steve A. Evans & John ‘Tigger’ Wilkes
- Specially commissioned front cover artwork by Arkadiusz Wrobel
- Set of 1:48 scale plans.