International Bomber Command Centre (IBCC), Lincoln
What is the International Bomber Command Centre (IBCC)
The IBCC provides a world-class facility acknowledging the efforts, sacrifices and commitment of the men and women, from 62 different nations, who came together in Bomber Command during World War II.The IBCC serves as a point for recognition, remembrance and reconciliation for those who served, supported or suffered during the bombing campaigns during the Second World War.
Providing one of the most comprehensive records of the Command in the world, the IBCC ensures that generations to come can learn of their vital role in protecting the freedom we enjoy today.
- Hear the stories of the people who were there
- Discover what it was like to be on a bombing operation with our immersive experience
- Be a member of an operational Aircrew with our interactive aircraft table
- Build a plane puzzle – how quickly can you complete the challenge?
- Find out about the role of women in WWII
- Can you complete the slang challenge?
- Travel the world with the nations who served in Bomber Command
- What did children do during the war?
OPEN TIMES AND PRICES
Open 6 days a week (Closed Mondays)
9.30am – 5pm
Last exhibition entry 4pm
Memorial Spire, Walls of Names and Peace Gardens are free to access. Exhibition entry:
Adult: £8.20 (£7.20 online)
Concession (over 65 or disabled): £7.20 (£6.50 online)
Child (5-18): £5.50 (4.50 online) Under 5s: Free
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children 5-18): £27.00 (£23.50 online)
Complete a Gift Aid form and convert all of these tickets to an unlimited annual pass for the same price!
HOW TO FIND US
Registered Charity Number: 1144182
Canwick Avenue, Lincoln, LN4 2HQ
Check out our website for a comprehensive events programme:
Phone: 01522 514755
Facebook International Bomber Command Centre
Twitter @IntBCC Instagram @IBCCentre
Huge Double Avro Lancaster Model Project Planned
We are delighted to announce the details of a fantastic project in co-operation with the International Bomber Command Centre (IBCC) in Lincoln!
Geoff Coughlin, Editor and Julian Seddon at www.scalemodellingnow.com will be building TWO huge 1:32 Avro Lancaster models that are to be displayed in the IBCC when complete.
Interactive learning for all
Each model will be nearly one metre square and it’s planned that one of the Lancaster models will be fully interactive, featuring:
- authentic engine start up and running with shut down exactly like the real aircraft!
- full sound effects for the Rolls Royce Merlin engines and lighting exactly like the real aircraft
- sound recordings for aircrew positions.
1:32 scale Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III (Special) AJ-T ED825/G
Pilot: Flt Lt J.C. McCarthy – crew included Sgt G.L. (Johnny) Johnson (bomb aimer) Operation Chastise 617 Squadron May 16/17, 1943. Based RAF Scampton, Lincolnshire
1:32 scale Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I S-Sugar, “No Enemy Plane Will Fly Over The Reich Territory”, No.467 Squadron, RAF
Here’s Julian’s completed Project
Avro Lancaster (1:32 scale) – Double Build!
You can follow all the progress step by step in Scale Modelling Now and Project 2 is now complete and Project 1 is likely to start in Spring 2021.