with Lester Plaskitt (your Tutor for the day)
Sunday 27 May 2018
TIME: 9.30 – 16.00 (please arrive at 9.00am)
We have managed to arrange a special discounted bed and breakfast rate for the Jubilee Conference Centre at Nottingham University for anyone who wants to stay for the SMN Modelling in a Day Workshops. You need to call the conference centre direct and say you are booking bed and breakfast accommodation for the Scale Modelling Now Modelling in a Day Workshops on Sunday 4 March 2018. The rate you should be quoted is our agreed rate of £95.00 for single occupancy (it’s a little more for double occupancy) and this includes bed and breakfast at the venue. You can also ask for a dinner, bed and breakfast rate that is very good value.
The number to call is: 0115 876 0862
In a nutshell, this is what your workshop is all about:
This is a workshop designed by Lester aimed at armour modellers with some experience and want to take their armour weathering to the next level. This is a very practical hands-on workshop where you get to work on your own model and take it away at the end of the day with all the great effects Lester will help you master.
Just a note…if you attended either of Lester’s last SMN workshops at then this workshop will build on what you learned there making this an ideal follow-on day.
This is what Lester will be covering
Realistic scratches and chipping
Realistic dust effects
How are the workshops run?
Plenty of demonstrations by your group tutor along with skills practice for you! That means individual help and coaching to help you practice and develop your skills with tips and advice, all in a friendly and supportive environment. Just ask anyone who’s attended one of Lester’s workshops and do take a look at what others have said before – just follow the link from this page. Here’s a note from Lester to help you prepare and what to bring with you on the day…
Completed model to the stage before chipping and dust effects are required
Model may be any armour subject:- a green base coat would be the optimum to recreate the chipping and dust effects.
Airbrush and compressor
- Tamiya paint – Buff XF 57 / Sky Grey XF 19 / Flat base
- Hair spray – Any brand
- Vallejo paints/ AK Acrylic paints –Wide selection of colours. Which must include various tones of Green /browns/Yellows also these specific colours: – Pale Sand 7 /German Camouflage Brown 150 / white 4 / Chocolate brown 149 / Buff 120 / Black Grey 168 / Medium grey 111 / Burnt Umber 148 and the base colours the model has been painted in.
- Oil paints-Selection of colours which must include Burnt Umber / Sepia/ white/Naples Yellow / Raw Sienna
- AK 183 Track Wash
- AK 017 Earth Effects
- AK 025 Fuel Stains
- AK 4063 Brown Earth Deposits
- AK 080 Kursk Earth
- Dust coloured modelling pigments
- White spirit
- Selection of brushes
- Kitchen roll
- Selection of fine sponge
- Tweezers + spatula
- Mixing pallets/ bowls
- Selection of basic modelling tools
- Humbrol enamel gloss varnish
- Tamiya Acrylic thinners
- Hair dryer
- Humbrol Matt 98 enamel paint + Matt Black enamel paint