Feature Article with Calum Gibson
And here’s a look at my completed project…
Construction started with the lower hull. I assembled the kit including the wheels but not the tracks. I then painted it SMS German Grey followed by a layer of hairspray and then Tamiya XF-2 (Flat White) with a drop of grey.
Once this dried, I chipped it heavily exposing a fair bit of the German Grey. Then I went back over the chips with the thinned off white. Once this dried, I used some thinned Vallejo white applied with a brush.
Earth tone pigments were applied to the hull area behind the wheels.
The tracks had been painted with Tamiya Dark Iron and then some dark brown tones. They were then attached. But for some reason these didn’t fit. I checked with a mate who has built the kit but he reported no issues. In the end I removed 1 and ½ links to make it fit. No idea what I’ve done wrong.
Once the tracks had set I applied some earth tone pigments randomly on the tracks and set these with X-20A. I then used some light dust, Volcanic Ash pigments and ground white pastels for the snow (I had no white pigments). These were set with X-20A. Finally a wash of Mr Color weathering color was used to provide more white.