Now, if you’re thinking blimey, all that looks fiddly we haven’t really got started yet! Onto the fenders. This part was the most challenging bit of the entire construction owing to the fact that the main components are very long and thin; not only that they require some complicated and fiddly bending so it’s wise to be armed with one of the commercial bending tools on the market. Mine is from Mission models and I must say it was an absolute life saver with this model.
I sort of mucked up the first fender. Voyager don’t do traditional bends, imagine 2 separate parts held together with small bending tabs. This makes it easier to fold but a pain as they have to be glued/soldered to eliminate any gaps. I used solder and underneath they look pretty messy but it won’t be seen and it makes for a strong assembly.
Once again not all the tools were used. In fact, the Shurzen mounts and other bits kind of got in the way so I’d put these on first then add the tools. The towing hawser is conspicuous by its absence. Being plastic it didn’t conform to the photo etch sticky up bits and I tried replacing it with brass picture hanging wire bit it got too fiddly so I left it off.
Here are a couple of photos with a paint pot for scale. Small innit!!!!