Feature Article with Calum Gibson
Just before we get going, here’s a quick look at my finished project…
This is my second early eduard 109. Overall it’s a great cockpit from the box. I even managed to get all the tiny PE levers on.
Cockpit is done and inserted into the cockpit. Fit here is OK but if you look closely you’ll see the instrument panel is sitting high. This will cause some issues later but I didn’t really lay the glue on so it will be fixable.
These images show where I have got the instrument panel sitting a fraction high. This appears to stop the cowl sitting correctly. The instructions do tell you to remove the triangular bits of plastic that (I think) are part of the ammunition feeds.
I hadn’t noticed the panel sitting high so I proceeded to try and remove some material from the inside of the cowl.
I eventually noticed it was the instrument panel. So I applied some liquid glue to re-activate the joints of the cockpit tub in as many places as I could and then I pushed the panel down so it sat as close to flush as I could it. The cowl now fitted so I could move onto the wings.