- Ref: LC SPG02
- Price: £19.99 GBP (includes 6-bottle set)
Review by Geoff Coughlin & Bill Curtis (Sep 2012)
Our thanks to The Airbrush Company Ltd for supplying our review sample. Get this set here.
Water soluble acrylic colours for modelling and hobby. Lifecolor is excellent for paint brushing or airbrushing on plastic and resin. Getting tracks to look realistic is an ago-old modelling challenge. We have various HD videos and help in your Techniques Bank here in SMN but new variations on a theme continue to emerge and here’s another manufacturer offering a painting and weathering solution using pigments. We’ll be looking for an opportunity to try out this pigment/paint combo, so keep an eye out in your Armour Techniques bank areas of SMN for that. In this latest paint set from Lifecolor there are 6 bottles – 3 pigments and 3 paints:
- PG 110 Reflecting Agent
- PG 105 Dry Rust
- PG 106 Damp Rust
- UA 904 Rubber Track
- UA 905 Track Intermediate Wear
- UA 906 Old Track
- Clean surfaces to be painted
- For airbrushing, dilute the colour to a milky consistency using water or Lifecolor Thinner.
- Airbrush at very low pressures. (Iwata airbrushes give the excellent performance and atomisation at low pressures.)
- Apply colour in thin coats with a brush or airbrush
- Allow to dry completely between coats
- Clean your airbrush with airbrush cleaner and flush through with water
Recommended Geoff C.