In June 2015 SMN ran their first Modelling in a Day Workshops – this is how it works…
Modellers book into their chosen modelling skills workshop run by an experienced tutor who works through a whole range of modelling skills with their group. In 2015 the tutors were:
Mig Jimenez (armour weathering)
Jamie Haggo (aircraft weathering)
Dave Coward (WWI aircraft rigging, biplanes and wood)
Ian Ruscoe (maritime seascapes, photo-etch)
Geoff Coughlin (Alclad2 metallic finishes and weathering) and
Julian Seddon (aircraft construction and trouble-shooting).
All the workshops are aimed at all levels of modeller and are ideal if you are trying to get back into the hobby after a long break, are experienced and want to jump to the next level or are simply interested in spending the day enjoying developing your modelling – you just look at the detailed programme when it is published and book in on the one that suits you – it’s as simple as that!
Register your interest with no obligation – just be the first to know about the new workshops coming in 2016 and avoid missing out – all workshops are limited to 20 places maximum. Also please feel free to suggest ideas and topics for any future workshops.
This is what you can expect to get when you book into one of the Modelling in a Day workshops:
- A friendly and knowledgeable tutor who wants to work with you all day to help develop and improve your modelling skills
- You get hands-on practice to have a go to try and perfect a range of modelling skills
- Some of your makerials supplied as part of your workshop fee (in 2015 this often included a kit, paints, weathering materials) and a goodie bag to take away!
- A fantastic high quality venue
- Incredible value for money – many modellers that attended in 2015 said that they would have paid much more for their day than the actual booking fee
- Refreshments all day and a great lunch
- A real chance to ask any questions you like and see demonstrations and approaches used by some of the best modellers in their field.