Special Feature Article with Andy Frill
Kit no: 2699
S-2G Tracker BUNO 152842
I have always been a fan of Naval aviation as long as I can remember and have always shown an interest in early Navy aviation all the way up to the machines today.
One of my favourites is the Northrop Grumman S-2G Tracker. Until Kinetic released it followed by Italeri in 48 scale the only other 48 scale tracker out there was the hard to find Collect-Aire kit.
I couldn’t resist and pulled the trigger on the Italeri kit. The kit is the exact same plastic that you get in the Kinetic kit…
… and you are presented with a lot of different options. The Italeri S-2E/F/G kit no. 2699 has the parts for all three variants in the box. It also includes the S-2A ESM radome over the cockpit as well as the required nacelle rear fairings for the A. Also included are blank-off plates for the underside radar radome.
After I received the kit I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the:
- eduard Big Ed set no. EDU 4965
- Wolfpack-D wing fold inserts
- Quick boost engines, props, pylons, and tail bumper
- Steel Beach seats and search light as well. I also got the
- Aires resin wheels and the
- SAC gear. I also bought the
- D-mold nacelle and fuselage correction sets and
- Fighter town Decals S-2 Tracker Trefethen 48055.