The Tracks were then removed from the previously completed rolling chassis, ready for the fitting of the top to the rest of the hull. This was done with four screws, which, in the main, again, hold the two together very well, a little cyano being used to secure the front bulkhead to the top.
When secure, the bottom was weathered using Warhammer washes, Gryphon sepia, stippled on, to give a beaded effect, followed by Devlin Mud, applied in the same way, which gives the finish a little ‘depth’ I feel. Finally, a coat of Badab Black, to give a little more contrast to the weathering.
Next, a coating of Tamiya textured grass effect was pushed into the track guards, axles, and under surfaces, to give a little grime.
The tracks were then re-fitted.
Cleaning rods were the next thing to be detailed. I used some plastic tube of the same diameter as the wooden rods, inserted a small piece of wire into the end to support the tube and cyano’d them on, leaving enough room in the tube for the guitar wire used to simulate threaded rod, to fit into the end of the tube. PICs 23, 24, 27-30
For a change, I decided to paint the red undercoat of the hull in the damaged areas, and when dry used a stipple of grey, to show the zimmerit adhesive cement.
For a bit of fun at work next day, I constructed a ‘yard brush’ out of a small piece of mahogany, fitted a handle, and daubed white paint over it. It would have been used to apply the white camouflage!
Now for a bucket… or perhaps later…!