Picking up with the turret cupola, the vision blocks were made from acrylic sheet, cut on a band saw. The gaps in front of the blocks filled with plasticard. Just these two modifications, I feel, make such a difference to the look of the build as the eye goes straight to the detail.
To finish, an indicator rod, showing the direction that the gun is pointing, was added to the relevant view port.
The acrylic blocks were masked ready for painting.
My attention taken with the viewing ports, I did not really take notice of how bad the machine gun mount looked. I decided to replace it with one made from copper wire, plasticard, acrylic and aluminium blind.