A few fit problems and corrections
Another part that was not a good fit was the intakes. I had to do some serious sanding to get them to blend into the fuselage section. Using super glue as a filler allowed me to re-scribe the panel lines that had been lost due to the sanding. The pic shows the end result.
The port side also had the same fit problems and required substantial sanding work.
The Draken intake lips are natural metal. Here the intakes have had their Stainless Steel Alclad applied. The very front edge of the intake lip is a darker Burnt Iron color, which is about to be applied, hence the masking.
The intake lip has now been painted (Humbrol Gun Metal) and the masking removed. I really like the buffable Gun Metal paint from Humbrol as it gives a very realistic finish, and can be brushed on if needed.
The join between the fuselage spine and the tail section needed a bit of attention. Here a light coat of Tamiya Basic Putty has been applied to the joint line and will be lightly sanded shortly.
The kit supplied RAM Air Turbine propeller has blades that are obviously way over scale. I noticed that the recently released Eduard PE set (ED48597) contains a PE set of blades that should look nice.
Rather than go down the Eduard path, I decided to see what could be done with the kit part. Using a sharp blade, I carefully trimmed the thickness of each of the blades down to a more realistic size. I’m happy with the result.
The Air Turbine assembly has been completed with some simple added piping detail added from 10-thou brass wire. This turbine unit is always seen deployed on powered down Drakens.