A little twist
Where possible, I like to display the model with a nose wheel that has a slight turn in it (looks a bit more dynamic I think). Here we see the nose wheel assembly after I cut it into sections. The brass wire pin is used to provide strength to the part when it is glued back together, it also ensures that everything lines up properly.
The over-scale fins on the drop tanks have been replaced with 10-thou plastic card.
The flaps have now been re-attached to the wing. This is a little tricky as once the flaps are dropped they don’t want to line up properly. Some trimming and harsh words were needed to get this sorted to my satisfaction.
The main undercarriage doors have the landing lights attached. Hasegawa provides these lights as clear parts (great idea). I’ve added a small section of copper wire to give a little more detail.
Here we see an overall shot of progress. Most of the upper/lower antennas have been attached. The next major step will be to start the painting of the under-surface.