Sample Supplied by ModellingTools.co.uk
Reviewed and basic use tested by Tom Primett
The paint brushes
Modelling Tools have been searching for a range of quality modelling paint brushes and have settled to launch this range of brushes from Kolibri, brushes that have real modelling applications. This is an extremely useful range of brushes and has a place in anybody’s toolbox. The design fits well in the hand and the bristles themselves are made from Synthetic Golden Sable.
- Saw Shape Brushes designed to make strokes and streaks with oils and washes. Another great application is making grain effects on wood
- Fine Brushes for General Painting and Detailing
- Diagonal cut Brushes useful to move washes around
- Rounded head brushes for dry brushing
- Fan shape is ideal to add, sweep, move and fix dry pigments. Great for grain effects on wood.
The build quality on the Kolibri design seem designed to last and take punishment. To prove a point the brushes have been punished over the last 2 months using a mix of different chemicals and cleaning solutions, enough to make anybody’s hair fall out, yet these Kolibri brushes took the punishment and kept their shape.
Thanks to ModellingTools.co.uk for the samples.